We are delighted to welcome back visitors to Locksley Distilling, with our tours, tastings, and educational experiences resuming in September 2020. To answer any questions that you may have about how we’ve prepared to re-open, here are some of the things you’ll see being implemented at the distillery:
- We have completed an in-depth risk assessment to ensure that we are able to operate in a covid-secure manner, adhering to the government’s current health, and safety guidelines.
- Before arriving at the distillery, all visitors are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app, and be ready to scan our QR code at the entrances into our working areas. The download links can be found here: NHS TEST & TRACE APP
- We are asking all visitors to sign-in for track, and trace purposes (see our GDPR information for how we use/store your details.) It is obligatory that we have contact details of at lease one member of each group.
- Hand wash facilities are available, and we will provide hand sanitiser. We encourage you to use both frequently throughout your session.
- All visitors are to wear face masks unless unable to do so for health reasons – face masks can be removed during any tasting. Spare single-use masks will be available for visitors, if required.
- All staff will wear face visors or face masks.
- We will have a reduced capacity, and all tours, tastings, and educational experiences must be booked in advance.
- Tastings will spaced out to allow for social distancing requirements. Each bubble will be at a separate table, and samples/serves will be pre-poured.
- Distillation bench furniture used during our educational experiences is split with clear PVC screens into four x two person bays.
- To minimise staff having to wash dirty crockery, and utensils, we are providing dishwasher-safe plastic glasses for all our visitors to take home. Please remember to take them with you after your session has finished.
- Hands-free bins, and pedal bins are in use throughout the distillery. We are encouraging our visitors to dispose of your own rubbish at the end of your session, to minimise any potential transmission of germs.
- Surfaces and touch-points will be regularly cleaned/sanitised.
- Card payments for any purchased items is preferred.
- Please do not to arrive more than 10 minutes before your booked time slot, and please leave the distillery promptly after your visit has finished.
- Portland Works communal toilets are available for visitors. Sanitising wipes will be available – visitors will be advised to wipe down areas before, and after use.
- Doors and windows to remain open (weather permitting.)
If you, or a member of your party have symptoms of COVID-19 do not come to the distillery – please contact us after your period of self-isolation to rearrange your visit.
In our endeavour to make the distillery environment safe for everyone, whilst still providing you with an enjoyable experience, we hope that these measures meet with your approval. However, please contact us if you’d like any other information before your visit.